CONGRATULATIONS – CHARLIE RAICHLE
2020 COLORADO STATE WINTER INVITATIONAL /
USBGF LCI CHAMPION
TOURNAMENT INFO – DOUBLE ELIMINATION
December 27th is fast approaching and holiday plans are being made, so include the last tournament of the year as part of your plans, and it’s big! If you’re looking to have one more chance to show off your skills, or just have a good time, please join us. If you’re chasing league points for the coveted Player of the Year, this is your last chance to catch up.
The Colorado Backgammon Club is including $100 in added money. In addition, the USBGF is once again teaming up with local clubs for the Local Club Initiative (LCI), which is promoting 30 BG clubs across the US to ultimately have one member from each club compete online. If you’re a member of the USBGF, part of the Colorado Backgammon Club and a Colorado resident, you are eligible. The Colorado State Winter Invitational Champion will be representing our Colorado Club in the Online LCI National Championship. Last year’s Colorado LCI winner was Charlie Raichle, and he went on to take 2nd overall. The winners from each club will compete online beginning early 2021. The winner and runner up (aside from bragging rights) will receive a free entry into an ABT Online! event of their choice, and 1st through 4th will also receive a custom Backgammon Elegance doubling cube (NO player substitutions and you must maintain your USBGF status.)
So, save your spot in what will be a fabulous tournament and a great time!
WHEN: December 27, 2020
WHERE: Online (GridGammon ONLY)
TIME: Register now, registration closes at 12:15pm MST, Play begins PROMPTLY at 12:30pm MST.
DETAILS: ONE DIVISION – Double Elimination (winner of the Fighters bracket must beat the Main challenger twice to win the tournament). $65 (includes $5 club donation) w/ optional $60 side pool.
PAYMENT: Pay using Venmo – @americanjam 3o3-356-3679 (Daniel Minardi)
MATCH LENGTH: 9 point matches for the Main, 7 point matches for the Fighters bracket.
DONATION: $5 per person goes towards Meetup, Colorado Backgammon, Denver Backgammon, future tournaments and the continued outreach for new players.
*** 100% payout for tournament and side pool plus $100 added money
New Players – If you have never participated in an online Denver event you must indicate on Meetup that you’re playing, pay your entry fee (detailed below), and text Dan @ 3o3-356-3679 using WhatsApp; include your First and Last Name, and your GridGammon User Name.
Returning Players – If you’re a returning player just indicate on Meetup that you’re playing and pay your entry fee (detailed below). Please signup and pay early, it makes it easier to start on-time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLAY:
• All matches are played on GridGammon.
• If there is a problem with your match (i.e. program freezes, kicks you out, etc.) and you are unable to resume, contact the Director immediately.
• All communications to and from the Director should be via WhatsApp (match wins, problems, etc.). A Group WhatsApp will be created prior to 12:00pm MST.
• All payments will be made through Venmo (payments must be made prior to tournament start), #Americanjam or 3o3-356-3679.
• Registration closes at 12:15pm MST. Matches will be posted (including near real-time updates) and announced at 12:30pm MDT.
• Once the bracket is posted, contact your opponent DIRECTLY (phone or text). The number can be retrieved from the newly created Group in the WhatsApp application (select group names and then select your opponent).
• Please DO NOT use the main Group WhatsApp for communication with your opponent, as there is way too much chatter. It should ONLY be used for communication with the Director.
• The Top player listed on the bracket will invite the other player on GridGammon.
• The WINNER is responsible for reporting the match result, again using the main Group WhatsApp (3o3-356-3679). Once reported, your new match will be posted shortly thereafter. The match can begin once both players are available.
• Should you lose in the Main bracket, you will have a second chance to win the tournament through the Fighters bracket. All match lengths are 7 points in the Fighters Bracket.
• All winners will be paid via Venmo immediately following the completion of the tournament:
Payouts based on number of players participating – minimum:
1st/2nd & 1st Fighters
REAL TIME UPDATES: For real-time bracket updates and additional information visit http://www.coloradobackgammon.com/weekly-tournament/ or Challonge.com.
Check out http://www.coloradobackgammon.com for additional details.
Win with Grace / Lose with Class / Play with Passion
NOTE: The director reserves the right to change the format of any event to maximize the experience for the players. Colorado Backgammon reserves the right to refuse entry into the tournament with no reason required.