CONGRATULATIONS – CHARLIE RAICHLE
2020 COLORADO STATE WINTER INVITATIONAL /
USBGF LCI CHAMPION
***** ONLINE CLUB TOURNAMENTS *****
MAIN w/ PROGRESSIVE CONSOLATION!!!
You must have a Backgammon Studio Heroes account and be a USBGF membership to play online.
No Backgammon Studio Heroes account? No problem – accounts are FREE, just go to Backgammon Studio Heroes and sign up. If you are having issues, text Dan @ 3o3-356-3679 and he can assist you. New accounts usually only take a few hours to get credentials.
WHEN: Last Saturday of each month – Check Meetup to confirm event.
WHERE: Online (Backgammon Studio Heroes ONLY)
TIME: Registration closes at 6:45pm MDT, play begins at 7:00pm MDT.
DETAILS: $20 entry fee with optional $20 Side Pool. Guaranteed two matches; Main with Progressive Consolation – Loser of the Main Finals will play Winner of the Consolation Finals for 2nd Place.
PAYMENT: Use Venmo to transfer your entry fee – @Americanjam or 3o3-356-3679.
MATCH LENGTH: 7-9 point matches for the Main, 5-7 point matches for the Consolation; match lengths are dependent on the number of players.
DONATION: $10 (or 5% rounded to the nearest $5, whichever is >) of total entry fee and side pool from tournament will go towards Meetup, Colorado Backgammon, Denver Backgammon, future tournaments and the continued outreach for new players.
INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER
New Players – If you have never participated in an online Denver event you must pay your entry fee (detailed below), and text Dan @ 3o3-356-3679 using WhatsApp; include your First and Last Name, and your Backgammon Studio Heroes User Name. You must be a USBGF member to play in this league.
Returning Players – Pay your entry fee (detailed below). Please pay early, it makes it easier to start on-time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLAY
• All matches are played on Backgammon Studio Heroes.
• If there is a problem with your platform (i.e. program freezes, kicks you out, etc.) and you are unable to resume, contact the Director immediately.
• All communications to and from the Director should be via WhatsApp (match wins, problems, etc.). A Group WhatsApp will be created prior to the tournament.
• All payments will be made through Venmo (payments must be made prior to tournament start), #Americanjam or 3o3-356-3679.
• Registration closes 15 minutes prior to tournament start for weekly and 30 minutes prior to tournament start for monthly.
• Matches (the bracket) will be posted at tournament start time. Tournament brackets can be viewed in real-time using Challonge.com. The bracket link will be provided via WhatsApp and posted on this page.
• Once the bracket is posted, contact your opponent DIRECTLY (phone or text). The number can be retrieved from the newly created Group in the WhatsApp application (select group names, select your opponent).
• Please DO NOT use the main Group WhatsApp for communication with your opponent, as there is way too much chatter. It should ONLY be used for communication with the Director.
• Once you’ve logged in to Backgammon Studio Heroes (Server 3), enter the Denver club private room. To do this select “Main” (left side above players names), followed by “External tournaments“. Scroll down and select “Denver Backgammon LEAGUE” and select “Yes” to confirm.
• Either player listed on the bracket may invite the other player on Backgammon Studio Heroes (Server 3).
• Set the match length.
• Click “Challenge” to begin.
• The WINNER is responsible for reporting the match result, again using the main Group WhatsApp (3o3-356-3679). Once reported, your new match will be posted shortly thereafter. The match can begin once both players are available.
• All winners will be paid via Venmo immediately following the completion of the tournament.
PREVIOUS ATTENDING PLAYERS
NAME (BACKGAMMON STUDIOS HEROES NAME)
PREVIOUS ATTENDING PLAYERS
NAME (GRIDGAMMON NAME)